It's a French pastry that has made up from puff pastry with the filling is Pate (pork liver paste) originally; but I guess there are many different ways to make the filling today depend on whether you like it the Asian way or the European way. Anyway, I've made this pastries a week ago for my three kids and my hubby and they are still craving for more. Just thought I share with you guy a little recipe on how to make it. I usually just buy the pastry sheets from the grocery store; but if you want to make it from scratch, you can google for the recipe in which I think is a time consuming in making the dough it self.
Ingredients:
2 Box of Puff Pastry Sheet
1 lbs ground pork
2 tbsp pate (pork liver paste)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup of diced onion
2 egg yolk + 2 tsp of water = egg wash
Directions:
1. Thaw the pastry sheets for about 10 - 15 minutes.
2. Mix the ground pork with the pate and salt, black pepper, diced onion together well and sit for 30 minutes. You can do this step a head to save time and put it in the fridge while waiting for the pastry sheets to thaw.
3. Open up the pastry sheets and lay it flat on the working surface.
4. Divided the meat evenly on the sheet to make 25 portions.
5. Then put the second pastry sheets on top of the meat and seal around the edge of the meat.
6. Use a pizza cutter to cut the sheets into 25 even squares.
7. Preheat the oven to a 375 degree F and grease the baking sheets with cooking spray.
8. Transfer the squares pastries on to the baking sheets.
9. Use a brush to apply egg wash on each of the pastry evenly.
10. Bake the pastry for about 20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment